Friday, 1 January 2016

A New Year

I don't have any New Year's related photos, so here's one of my cat Misty instead :)


This past year has had a few ups and down and, for me, ended on a very mixed note. Some good things have happened this year - about half way through I got a promotion at work and I finally started learning to drive. Other highlights include going to the Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour for the second time (which I absolutely love and hope to again in the future!) and seeing the Foo Fighters live for my birthday, which was awesome as they're one of my favourite bands. However with the good there always seems to be the bad... eventually my job in retail started getting me really down and I began to feel trapped there. I have a degree in Psychology but so far had had no luck with field-related job applications, so at the time taking the full-time promotion at work seemed sensible and took my mind off my apparent failure for a while, but the feeling didn't last. It was making me really miserable and feeling like it wasn't going to change any time soon just made it worse. Then just before Christmas (which, by the way, did not feel like Christmas. I know everyone has been saying it but it really didn't, not even on the actual day) I found myself on the other side of a four-year relationship. It just all of a sudden happened (for me, anyway) and feels like being pushed out onto a freezing mountain-top, completely alone, in nothing but your nightie, when only seconds before you were tucked up warm and safe in bed. One minute you're cosy and happy feel like you know exactly what's going on and what's going to happen in your life, then the next you're so confused and upset and cross and hurt and you have no idea what's going on or how it happened.

So at that point this new year was looking pretty horrible from where I was standing. All my plans I'd had for 2016 were gone, because they pretty much all revolved around my relationship, and I just wanted to go into a dark room and hide away forever and never have to face real life. Then, I saw an advert for a job, applied for it, got a call the very next day to arrange an interview, had the interview the following week before heading to my current job, got home after work to a message asking me to call them back, called them back and they offered me the job and I (of course!) took it! So I'm now leaving my job as a Beauty Advisor for Boots at the end of January to be a Support Worker for adults with learning disabilities, and right now I can hardly believe it! I know it's going to be very hard work and the shifts are long, but it will all be so worth it. So by the end of 2015 I was left feeling simultaneously very happy and very unhappy.


I didn't really feel like going out on New Years Eve when it came to it, but I'm glad that I decided to join my sister and her friends as once I'd got dressed and ready I was really in the mood. We didn't do much, just had a few drinks and a chat in a Wetherspoons and then went to a nice little local pub with a fun, cheesy band playing for a bit of a dance and to see in the new year - everyone had party poppers, we ended up jumping round in a circle, crossed arms, singing Auld Lang Syne, and all in all it was a really fun, relaxed night that I would have been very sorry to have missed out on :)


I hope 2016 brings more stability and direction to my life, and I really feel that it will. I feel like I've gained the confidence to just get out there and do what I want, I have wonderful people around me and - although it's horrible starting the year without my best friend, the person who I always thought would be the other half of me - I am strong, and I will be okay, what ever happens. I feel like once I've got my full driving licence and gained the experience that my new job will give me to back up my degree, the world will be my oyster, haha!


As far as my blog goes, I'm going to dedicate more time to it and move away from it being so focuses on beauty, and try to make it more of a lifestyle, just general 'what I'm up to and stuff I like' kind of a thing. I do still like my makeup so I'm sure I'll still write about that kind of thing, but it being exclusively beauty focuses and with my job being working in beauty too, I've simply become a bit bored of it and this space is in need of a refresh! When I start my new job I'll have twice much free time as I have currently so I'll definitely have more posts coming your way then! I'm also going to make a conscious effort to be more active in the blogging community, I've recently just got a smart phone which is a big deal to me haha - I literally had one that just did calls and texts before, not internet, camera, nothing - so I should have access to all my social media much more easily, so I can interact a lot more with other bloggers and readers :)


Isn't it weird how that start of a new year is always seems the best time for a complete life revamp, whether it's really up to you or not? Haha. I don't really know what I wanted to say with this post, but I will say that I've found it quite therapeutic writing it all down, like I've been able to process the last few days a bit better! If any of you have made it to the end of this rather long ramble, how was your New Years? Do you have any major plans for 2016, or are you going to wait and see what the year throws at you? x

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) and the same to you! x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad things turned around for you later on, I hope 2016 will be a year of joy and success for you :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so do I! I hope 2016's a good year for you too :) x

      Delete
  3. congrats on your new job. finding something that you love and would love to do makes everything better.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps to have something to work towards! I hope you have a happy new year :) x

      Delete
  4. 2016 will be your year, I'm sure of it <3 Kudos to you for being so honest - sometimes writing things down is just so therapeutic.

    Thank you for your comment on my 2016 to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I certainly hope so haha, thank you :) I hope you have a great year too! x

      Delete
  5. Massive congrats on getting the job, I hope it's goin well for you. Sorry to hear about your relationship as well, I can only imagine how hard it must, I've never gone through a breakup from a serious relationship before. Hope you're doing okay, at least you have your new job to focus on now!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope 2016 brings you good luck! Love your blog and this honest post
    -Morgan x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete