Monday, 20 October 2014

Charlotte Tilbury Haul!


Helloooo, I've been away from blogging for a couple of months for various reasons, and although I really missed it I just couldn't figure out how to get myself going again for a while! BUT, for some reason, today felt like the day to type up a post and get back out there, so here it is - my Charlotte Tilbury makeup hall!


Ooooh look how pretty it all is! I ordered one of Charlotte's Luxury eyeshadow palettes, her Filmstar Bronze & Glow, one of her K.I.S.S.I.N.G. lipsticks, a Lip Lustre lip gloss, a Lip Cheat lip pencil and the Lip Brush. The Luxury Palette comes in a burgundy-brown plastic case (not coming across very well in the photo, I apologise!) with Charlotte's initials on the front, and the handle of the Lip Brush is the same colour - I was drawn to the brush because of it's square shape, it looked as if it would be much easier to be precise than with a curve-edged brush. The rest of the products are encased in rose gold coloured packaging - the Filmstar Bronze & Glow is especially luxurious looking, I think I did actually squeal when I took the cardboard packaging off haha. 


As I was ordering these items from Charlotte's website I did play it quite safe with what I ordered, being that I went for things similar to what I already use that I was sure I would like and get a lot of use out of, i.e. neutral and natural tones that go with everything. The Luxury Palette I decided on is The Sophisticate - an eyeshadow quad of matte, neutral shades. There's an ivory/cream shade, a sand shade, a mid-grey and a warm rich brown. The quad is really lovely inside as the rose gold features again and is embossed with 'Charlotte Tilbury'. 

The Filmstar Bronze & Glow is encased entirely in the rose gold coloured packaging and looks truly stunning! It consists of a bronze/contour shade and a highlight shade, both of which are really, really nice! The bronze isn't too dark for my light skin tone and isn't too orange or muddy looking, and it has a slight amount of shimmer in but it's very subtle. The highlight is a beautiful golden champagne that I should imagine would flatter all skin tones. Both compacts have a small star in the top right hand corner of the mirrors which I think is a really pretty touch. 


The lipstick I picked out is the K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick in Penelope Pink. It's not actually pink at all, I have no idea why that's the name because it's quite misleading - I had hoped/expected that it would be a pink-ish toned natural shade, but in reality it's a peachy-tan. It's a bit warmer toned than what I usually go for, but I think it will go well with a dark smokey eye or something like that. It also smells of vanilla which I really like (: I also got the matching lipgloss to the lipstick which is the Lip Lustre in Seduction. The gloss is the exact same shade as the lipstick, so they should go together nicely (: 

Finally I got the recommended lip liner pencil go with those two, which is the Lip Cheat in Pillowtalk. The liner is a little darker and pinker than the lipstick, but after having a quick go with it I've found that using a light hand means they still work together, but they aren't a total match - I do really like it though, and the shade of the liner is more 'me' than the shade of the lipstick. 


In the above photo I'm wearing The Sophisticate Luxury Palette and the Penelope Pink lipstick, so you can get a bit of an idea of what a couple of the products look like on - I shall do in depth reviews of all the products including swatches in the near future, so I hope you look forward to those! (: 

I hope you enjoyed this haul! Have you picked up anything from Charlotte Tilbury's range? What did you get, or what do you have your eye on? 

12 comments:

  1. OH EM GEE... I am seriously hyperventilating, what an amazing haul! I love CT products, I only have eyeshadow quad so far, but I want/need more! ;)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh which one have you got?? I have my eye on The Vintage Vamp for the next time I allow myself to indulge! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are! Perfect things to treat yourself with (: x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried any of these products, but have always wanted to. That's a nice range of products you got, too! And it looks so naturally beautiful on you!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! They are really lovely, maybe something to put on your Christmas wishlist? (: x

      Delete
  4. This is all literally looks amazing! All Charlotte Tilbury Make-up is so beautiful and elegant.
    Everything is such good quality as well, Great Post. Kate x

    www.vanillainnovember.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree - a perfectly luxurious makeup line x

      Delete
  5. Your makeup looks great, I need to try these products!

    Paige xx
    Skin And Roses

    ReplyDelete
  6. so jealous of this haul!! can't wait to try the flimsier bronze and glow , looks great.

    www.lechatcitron.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete