Thursday, 31 July 2014

L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Eye Shadow in 201 'CAFÉ ST GERMAIN'


My purchase of this eyeshadow was a result of my desperation (bit extreme, but there you go) to own By Terry's Ombre Blackstar cream eyeshadow stick in 'Misty Rock', but at £28 I just couldn't justify it, especially as cream eyeshadow isn't something I actually use very often. Enter L'oreal Paris Color Riche eyeshadow in 'Café St Germain'. To me, the shades of the two eyeshadows look very similar, just in different formulas and, as it was the particular shade that I was after, that didn't matter! Now, as I've never owned or swatched Misty Rock, I can't say that Café St Germain is an outright dupe in terms of shade (and it seems to be nowhere near as glittery), but if you Google swatches of both shades you'll see where I was going with my train of thought (:


As you can see, I've used Café St Germain a fair few times now - it's because one of my everyday shades and I'm really loving it! The only issue with it is that it seems to have taken on a waxy texture over the top of the powder which I'm not entirely sure how to rectify (suggestions welcome!). The formula of the eyeshadow is like a pressed loose powder - sounds odd but I really don't know how else to describe it! It's obviously not a loose powder but it's different and much softer than a pressed powder. Because of this, it has been super easy to pick up the product on a brush and blend it out evenly across the lids, but I can't help but think it's also the reason for the development of the waxiness. It hasn't become unusable or anything, but it is a bit annoying. 


Swatched, Café St Germain pulls a lilac toned neutral with shimmer - it catches the light really beautifully but that doesn't really come across in the above photo. The formula is buttery soft and the pigmentation is really good, so intensity can be built up quickly and easily. The pigmentation has lessened slightly with development of the waxy top layer though, but hopefully I'll find a solution to that soon and will let you know when I do ASAP!


I mostly wear this eyeshadow as an every day shade and pair it with my usual winged liquid liner and mascara. It really has become one of my favourites as it's a bit different to your usual neutral eyeshadow, plus I think the lilac tone it has compliments my eye colour quite well (: I'd really recommend this shade despite the slight formula issue as that hasn't lessened my ability to use the product, plus it's so inexpensive you can't really go wrong! 

Have you tried any of the L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure eyeshadows? What did you think of the shades and formulas? 

20 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is just such a pretty colour! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Go for it, you'll want to wear it all the time! x

      Delete
  3. That's such a lovely shade! xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fast become one of my favourites! x

      Delete
  4. This is such a pretty shade! I keep hearing really good things about these eye shadows. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour!

    www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, a great alternative neutral! x

      Delete
  6. This actually looks lovely and like a colour to be used everyday for simple make-up to just perk up the eye area! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I've found it's best for (: x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Definitely! And makes a nice change from the usual variations of brown/taupe that neutrals usually are (: x

      Delete
  8. It's so annoying that it has formed a waxy layer as the shade is beautiful!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Apart from that it's a really good eyeshadow, but for that annoyance I don't think I'll be buying any more shades unfortunately x

      Delete
  9. This looks amazing...... Nice eye make up

    you have a lovely little blog here

    keep up the good work :D


    if you have a minute would mean so much to me if you would check out my blog post http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    thank you, have a nice day :)

    jade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous colour :)

    http://www.jordysbeautyspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! It's a pretty colour :) Have you tried spritzing a bit of setting spray onto it?
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, g+, and bloglovin? Let me know on my blog :)

    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great post!

    www.louleecutie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete