Sunday, 9 February 2014

Maybelline Eyestudio Mono Eyeshadow in 'Iced Fudge' Review!





After reading a good few reviews, I decided to pop down to my local Boots store and pick up the Maybelline Eyestudio Mono Eyeshadow in 'Iced Fudge'. It looked like the perfect shimmery, cool-toned brown shade that would be great for a quick everyday wash of colour, and being so cheap (£4.09!) I had to get it. 

In the pan, Iced Fudge looks like a highly shimmery, almost taupe-brown. As you can see, there is quite a bit of fall out around it, however I found this did not occur when applying to the eyelids (or at least it wasn't noticeable). If fall out is experienced when applying it though, using a flat brush to push the product on to the lids should prevent this. I used my Real Techniques Base Shadow brush to apply it, as I dislike the foam applicators like the little one that it came with. 


Swatched above, Iced Fudge looks to be a glittery, nude-brown shadow, and appears to be a slightly warmer tone than it looks in the pan. This really appealed to me, as I love a bit of shimmer in my eyeshadows, and I wanted an everyday shadow that had a little bit of extra somethin'. 


On the lids, the eyeshadow doesn't look nearly as glittery as it does when swatched, and just provided a nice amount of shimmer. It's a very neutral shade, not overly cool or warm against my skintone. Seen here, I have got Iced Fudge alone all over my lids, with a bit of dark brown shadow for liner. 

I really like this shadow and my favourite way of wearing it is all over the lid and a little under the eyes, with a little light brown shadow blended in to the crease, paired with winged liner (of course). 


I think Iced Fudge is a lovely eyeshadow for an everyday wash of colour to the eyelids, and is a super quick and easy way to brighten up your day-to-day makeup. It could also easily be used in an evening look for those of you who prefer a more minimal eye, or be used with more intense shadows as a good transitional colour - it's a very versatile shade! It's also a great balance between cool and warm tones, so should suit most - if not all - skintones. 


Do you own Iced Fudge? Have you tried any of Maybelline's other Eyestudio Mono shades?

27 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour (:


    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, such a lovely neutral shade (:

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful every day shade. I definitely need to give maybelline eyeshadows a go x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely give them a look! Their eyeshadows never crossed my mind until I kept reading good things about this one and their 24 Hour Colour Tattoo pots (:

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely all over the lid colour! Great post!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Makes a good base for other shimmer shadows too (:

      Delete
  4. I have this and I adore it, it gives a very unexpected rose gold colour, so so pretty!!
    I have followed you on bloglovin, I would appreciate it so much if you followed me back!

    rosyapparel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love the look of your blog so I've followed back (:

      Delete
  5. what a pretty color. it looks lovely on you, dear.

    rae from lovefromberlin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous colour and looks great to wear on it's own! xx

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks very pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favourite 'drugstore' single eyeshadows, it really is pretty perfect as an everyday colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love finding great drugstore bargains (:

      Delete
  10. Love this shade, looks gorgeous on you, I tend to stick to these kind of colours

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you (: me too, I'm definitely a neutrals kinda gal when it comes to eyeshadows! And I will, love finding new blogs to read (:

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous shade, looks lovely on you x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks gorgeous, perfect for when you want a neutral look with a bit of shimmer! Still so subtle and pretty though! x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete