Friday, 27 December 2013

Essie 'Chubby Cheeks' Nail Polish Review!



I've heard to many good things about Essie Nail polishes, so when there were on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots a few weeks ago, I took the opportunity to pick up a few shades. 

So far I've only got round to trying one of the polishes I bought, 'Chubby Cheeks'. It was a beautiful orange-toned corally pink colour in the pot, and when applied it to the nails it does not disappoint!


Essie nail polishes have a fairly wide, curve-ended brush, which makes applying the polish super easy, and helps to keep getting polish on the skin around the nails to a minimum (I've never had a very steady hand when it comes to doing my nails). 


Two coats of this polish applied on top of a base coat gives a wonderfully smooth, glossy finish, and looks really professional. In my opinion, it appears a little brighter on the nails than it does in the pot (although the photos don't really show this), but I was happy with that as I think it really goes with my skintone. 




I actually decided to paint my nails this colour for Christmas day in order to pick up the colours in this necklace, and I think it worked very nicely. 


This nail polish is a complete winner with me (: have you tried any Essie polishes? 

11 comments:

  1. That's a lovely coral :) whenever I look at the Essie stand in my boots it's just full of nudes haha! :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous - you'll have to try to hunt it down haha! Their range of nudes is really good though (:

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is - can't wait for the next offer to expand my collection!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shade - I love the new winter trio, I have been wearing it so much x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes, I've seen them - so gorgeous!

      Delete
  4. Looks like such a pretty shade. I've never tried Essie before but I think I need to - heard so many great reviews!
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try them! They have such a perfect finish (: x

      Delete
  5. ah i absolutely LOVE essie nail polishes but i don't own any :( i really need to invest in some because i know they're great quality
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are good, and not too much of an expensive thing to treat yourself with! x

      Delete